Vietnam Northern Cuisine Tour 5 days / 4 nights
Day 1 : Ha Noi Arrival
Arrive in Hanoi - Noi Bai International Airport. You will be met at the airport by your English speaking guide and transfer to your hotel in downtown Hanoi.
Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2 : Ha Noi Cooking class - Ha Noi city tour a half of day
In the morning, you will join in cooking class with itinerary:
9am. Meet at HCC. Collection can be arranged but extra charge will be made.*enjoy a special “La Han” Vietnamese welcome tea
9.10am. Brief introduction to Vietnamese cuisine, highlighting the contents of tradition meal.
9.20am. Take a short walk to the Chau Long Market - Enjoy a tour of the market highlighting the ‘wet’ / unusual fruits / livestock / silk worms, with HCC chefs*lots of opportunities to take photos
10am. Back to HCC and commence cooking class with HCC chefs * take home printed recipes as well as samples of some local fruit, green bean cake, quail eggs, etc.
11.30am. On completion of the cooking class, enjoy the meal * relax in the comfort of the HCC dining area and enjoy free flow local beer or wine or lemon juice
12.30pm. Finish Class * receive going home gift and visit the HCC shop with Vietnamese Culinary tools, books, spices etc available for purchase
In the afternoon we will see the Museum of Ethnology, then visit Hoan Kiem Lake (The Restored Sword Lake) and the Ngoc Son Temple, which is on an island in the northern part of the lake. We will enjoy a Cyclo tour along the narrow streets of the Old Quarter of Hanoi. The Old Quarter includes 36 old streets with each name representative of the type of merchandise sold in it.
In the evening we will attend a traditional Water Puppet show. This art originates from rural festivals in Vietnam. The artists – men and women – stand waist deep in the water to manipulate the puppets, making them move about, talk and laugh and even dance on the surface of the water. The audience is meant to experience the atmosphere of a village festival.
Overnight in Ha Noi
Day 3 : Ha noi - Ha Long Bay
After breakfast in hotel”, drive to Halong Bay (3 hours), a UNESCO World Heritage site. Whoever comes to Vietnam should not miss the chance to visit Halong Bay, a picturesque blend of harmonious transition between the mountains and the sea.
Halong Bay is in the Bac Bo (Tonkin) gulf and stretches over an area of 1,500 km2 with three thousand green islands that look like jewels. Upon arrival at the harbor we will embark on a junk. We will enjoy a fresh seafood lunch on the boat while experiencing the majestic beauty of Halong Bay. The junk is a wooden sailboat designed in a traditional Vietnamese style while offering a full range of modern amenities. Visit the fascinating Dau Go Cave called “The Cave of Marvels” and Thien Cung Cave, the “Heavenly Palace cave” surrounded by spectacular stalactites and stalagmites.
After dinner, enjoy fishing with local fishermen. The reflection of the limestone outcrops, the sight of fishing boats lit up in the darkness; enjoy these precious moments in one of the most breathtaking landscapes in the world. Overnight on board the junk.
Day 4 : Ha Long bay - Ha Noi
08:00 am. After gazing at the sunrise, you will navigate through the numerous oddly shaped limestone outcrops.
Stop by a cove for a panoramic view of Halong Bay.
On the afternoon return to Hanoi we’ll stop at Dong Trieu Village and visit a ceramic craft workshop.
Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 5 : Ha Noi Departure
Free time at leisure for last minute shopping before transferring to the airport for departure home
- Accommodation in the category chosen or similar (subject to availability) based on double/twin sharing with daily breakfast:03 nights in Ha Noi, 01 night on Ha Long Cruise
- Meals as mentioned in the program.B: 04 Breakfast, L: 02 Lunch, D: 01 Dinner; BR: 01 Brunch
- All local boat rentals as mentioned in the program. Cruise Seat in coach (SIC) junk in Ha Long bay.
- Transfer from and to the airports by private vehicle with A/C. Transportation by private vehicle with A/C.
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the program. Mineral Water (01 bottle/pax/day)
- Local English speaking guide(s) in Vietnam.
- 01 FOC in ½ Twin room for group of 16pax onward (excluding internal airfares and visas).
- International flight/ Domestic flight tickets and airport taxes.
All internal/ regional flight tickets in economy class with/without departure tax
- Visa fee upon arrival in Vietnam (25 USD for one 1 month or 3 month single entry visa). (Vietnam visa authorization letter (15USD/pax).
- Tips & personal expenses. Personal insurance. Any service not clearly mentioned in the program.
First : 3-Star Hotel
Superior : 4-Star Hotel
Deluxe : 5-Star HotelImportant Info
1. Cancellations must be advised by email / fax
2. The cancellation fees will apply:
- Cancelation 30 days prior to arrival date: USD 50 per person will be charged.
- Cancelation from 20 days to 30 days prior to arrival date: 30% of total invoice amount will be charged
- Cancelation from 10 days to 20 days prior to arrival date: 50% of total invoice amount will be charged
- Cancelation less than 10 days prior to arrival date or no-show: 100% of total invoice invoice amount will be charged
If tour participants buy additional services which are not included in their program, the service fee will be charged on spot.
If tours participants cancel some services and / or portion of the tour program at their will during the trip, reimbursements shall not be made for these unused services and /or portions.
If in the course of the trip, an illness or mishap befalls a tour participant that entails extra services and /or medical attention arranged by company, all the related additional costs shall be defrayed by the participant himself or herself on the spot.
- Walking, Cooking, Sightseeing